/ IE Brown Executive MBA FAQs
IE Brown Executive MBA FAQs
- How many students are there in the IE Brown Executive MBA class?
- The program class size is 20-25 participants. Class sizes are kept small to ensure optimum interaction between classmates and with the professor. The right mix of participants is key to this program. Participant profiles, experience and diversity are what count.
- Do the same professors teach in the classroom and online?
- In most cases, yes. Given the logistics for some of the courses, some faculty will not be delivering online sessions. However, participants will interact with their online professors in the classroom too.
- What are the residential dates and locations for the March 2013 intake?
- Period 1: 10-22 March 2013 (Providence)
- Period 2: 23-29 June 2013 (Madrid)
- Period 3: 13-19 October 2013 (Providence)
- Period 4: 12-18 January 2014 (Cape Town)
- Period 5: 26 May – 6 June 2014 (Madrid)
Admissions and Financial Aid
- Who should apply to the IE Brown Executive MBA? What are the
requirements of this program?
- We are looking for experienced executives from diverse academic and professional backgrounds, with international exposure, a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years management experience. Management experience can mean of projects, teams and direct reports.
The application should be completed in English, though Spanish official documents will be accepted. For detailed information on the application process and requirements, please see this section on our Website
- When is the deadline to apply to the IE Brown Executive MBA program?
- There are no application deadlines for the IE Brown Executive MBA. Admissions operate on a rolling basis but given the limited number of places on the program, we recommend applying several months prior to program commencement.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com to check if spaces are available for the next intake.
- How long will the Admissions Committee need to review my application?
- Providing we have received all the documents and the information needed to assess a candidacy, the process duration, including interview, is approximately 2 weeks.
- What part of the application is most important? What should I focus on?
- The entire application is important and will be reviewed in detail; however we recommend that candidates focus on the application form and corresponding essays. All documents are required for full admission to the program, but we look in particular at a candidate’s professional experience, management experience, career development, international exposure, motivation to do the program and interpersonal skills.
- If the number of years of work experience that I have or my age is different
to the IE Brown Executive MBA class average, can I still apply to the program?
- Most executives that apply for this program have over 10 years professional experience; however we will look at profiles with a couple of years less. It is the quality of the experience that matters, a candidate’s ability to demonstrate career progression, to share experience, to tell us about what they have learned from the past. The class average is a guideline with a view to enhancing debate and learning among classmates.
- What financing opportunities are open to IE Brown Executive MBA
candidates? When can I
apply for financial aid?
- Three types of financial aid are applicable to this program: loans, scholarships and fellowships. For additional information please check our Financial Aid webpage and Financial Aid Blog. You can apply for Financial Aid once you are admitted to the program.
- What’s included in the program fee?
- Tuition fees, course materials and some meals during the residential periods.
- How much should I budget for board and lodging, during the 7
weeks of residential periods?
- Working out average board and lodging for 7 weeks of residential periods, we estimate that participants will need to budget about 10,000 USD to meet this cost. However, this is a high-end estimate and there will be a lot of help available to find lower hotel rates that are convenient to both Brown and IE campuses.